Address labels are adhesive labels with the address of an individual or organisation printed on them. They are most commonly used for sending letters and packages through the mail. Address labels come in various sizes and styles and can be customised to include additional information such as a logo or graphical design.
Address labels can also be printed at home using a normal Deskjet, Inkjet, or Laserjet printer, but a special label printer is best for professional jobs. Address labels are an essential part of the postal system and play a vital role in ensuring that mail is delivered to the correct address.
How to Design Address Labels
Step 1: Here are a few things to consider:
- The size of the label: Address labels come in various sizes, so you’ll need to decide which size is best for your needs.
- The shape of the label: They can be round, square, or rectangular. Again, choose the shape that best fits your needs.
- The material of the label: Address labels can be made from paper, vinyl, or even metal. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks.
- The colour of the label: Choose any colour you want.
- The font of the label: When choosing a font for your address label, make sure it is legible and easy to read.
Step 2: Create the Label in Image Editing Software
Now that you’ve decided on the basics, it’s time to create your label in an image editing program like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP.
Step 3: Print the Label
Once you’ve designed your label, it’s time to print it.
Address Label Printing Process
Use labels specifically designed for your printer type if you’re printing at home. These labels are available at most office supply stores.
We recommend using a printing service like MBE for professional address label design and printing. We have high-quality printing equipment and an expert team of printing services professionals in more than 40 locations across Australia.